Bank Care Support Workers -for all schemes (This position has been filled)
We are looking to grow our dedicated team of Bank Care Support Workers, working in Independent Living Schemes around Central Bedfordshire. Work any shift you choose and get next-day access to your earnings through our employee finance app.
Please note we do not accept any overseas applications or offer sponsorship opportunities
As a carer, you will be providing support to residents in our seven independent living schemes in Ampthill, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Houghton Regis, Sandy & Biggleswade No two days will be the same with plenty to keep you engaged and motivated. You will have the choice of day, night and weekend shifts and responsibilities will include:
– Preparing snacks and meals for residents
– Tidying the house and helping with basic housekeeping tasks
– Taking your client to appointments, shopping, and other social engagements
– Offering companionship – listening and talking with your client, you’ll be amazed by their stories!
– Supporting their dignity – personal care, bathing, dressing, etc.
– Administering medication to help keep your client in the best state of health
– Engaging with residents and their families to continuously develop care plans
– Being resilient, attentive and ensuring our residents are treated with the dignity and care they deserve
We are interested in people with care experience and those looking for a new challenge. No previous experience is necessary. Outside of the ability to laugh, work well in a team, have good time management and a genuine interest in people, you will need:
– To be eligible to work in the UK
– Have a good level of English
Full training will be provided, and you will be mentored by an experienced carer for two weeks to ensure you are confident in your role. We will offer flexible shifts to suit your needs where possible, in a chosen location, although you will be expected to travel to other scheme locations too.
We will guarantee next day payment for any shifts worked – i.e. work a Friday evening shift and have access to the money earned available to spend on the Saturday through our employee finance app.
- Hourly rate of £12 per hour
- Free uniform & DBS checks
- Sick pay
- Paid induction training, gain a recognised Care Certificate
- Opportunity to obtain NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care
- 25 days holiday & pension
- Double pay Christmas day/Boxing Day/New Year’s Day
- Paid update training
Because we recognise how hard you work, we also offer:
- An incredible discount scheme on High St shops, restaurants and online shopping
- A peer-to-peer reward scheme for living our values
- Wellbeing and health support
- Genuine career development with training and mentoring initiatives
- The flexibility of shifts – where possible you can pick and choose the shifts that work for you – weekends, school times, certain days and hours will be catered for where possible.
- Regular staff social events
- Your birthday off as paid holiday
If you enjoy meeting people, caring for others and want to work for a care company that truly values your work, then apply today.Back to Current Vacancies