Responsible to: Team Leader or any other staff member as directed by the registered manager.
Purpose of Position: To support residents with all assessed care needs in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
To help in the care of the residents’ physical environment and the general day-to-day activities of the service.
To take delegated responsibilities in the charge of the residents under your care to the appropriate level.
Values: To promote and adhere to the Care is Central Care workplace values of respect, openness, and responsibility.
• Give support and care to the residents whilst maintaining their rights to independence, privacy, dignity, and choice and assist in their daily living.
• Assist residents who require help to dress/undress, wash, and bath and use the toilet.
• To assist residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
• Assist residents who need help with personal hygiene e.g. incontinence.
• Assist in the care of residents who are unwell or dying.
• Monitor the needs of the residents, informing a Team Leader or other senior staff member of any emergency situation or concern about their well-being.
• Undertake the role of key worker with a group of residents as directed by the Team Leader r Registered Manager.
• Promote mental and physical activities for residents through the key worker system. Talking to them, taking them out, and sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies, and recreations.
• Make and change beds, tidy rooms, and do light cleaning and empty commodes as necessary.
• Launder residents’ clothes where necessary as directed.
• Support catering staff with meal preparation and service, including support to residents as directed.
• Answer call bells, emergency bells, the door, and the telephone:
• Receive, record, and communicate information and messages in accordance with CiC’s procedures
• Assist residents, relatives, and medical professionals with the completion and review of plans of care.
• Maintain all residents’ records and give written/verbal reports, whilst ensuring confidentiality
• Take part in staff and residents’ meetings and also in training activities as required.
• Complete training and Qualifications as required
• Attend and participate in regular formal supervision and appraisal sessions
• Be aware of and adhere to Care is Central’s policies and procedures.
• At all times be aware of the security of the building in relation to residents and staff safety,
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed; the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Team Leader or Registered Manager from time to time.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Current Vacancies