Care Support Worker Roles (PT & FT) in Leighton Buzzard (This position has been filled)
Care is Central is looking to grow its enthusiastic and committed care team in Leighton Buzzard. We are looking for proactive and caring individuals to join as part time and full time Care Support Workers and help make a difference to our clients’ lives.
As a care support worker, your role is to support older and vulnerable people to live happy, positive and independent lives in a safe and compassionate way. Duties may include:
- Preparing snacks and meals to help sustain your client throughout the day
- Tidying the house and helping with basic housekeeping tasks
- Taking your client to appointments, shopping, and other social engagements
- Companionship – listening and talking with your client, you’ll be amazed by their stories!
- Supporting their dignity – personal care, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Administering medication to help keep your client in the best state of health
This role is located at St George’s Court Independent Living Scheme in Leighton Buzzard but you may sometimes be required to travel and work at our other schemes in Central Bedfordshire.
No previous experience is necessary. Outside of the ability to laugh, work well in a team, have good time management, and genuine empathy towards people, you will need:
- To be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a good level of English
Full training will be provided, and you will be mentored by an experienced carer for two weeks to ensure you are confident in your role.
-Hourly rate of £11 per hour
-Free uniform & DBS checks
-Paid induction training, gain a recognised Care Certificate
-Opportunity to obtain NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care
-25 days holiday & pension
-Double pay Christmas day/Boxing Day/New Year’s Day
-Paid update training
Because we recognise how hard you work, we also offer:
-A finance app giving you early access to your wages as you earn them.
-An incredible discount scheme on High St shops, restaurants and online shopping
-A peer-to-peer reward scheme for living our values
-Wellbeing and health support
-Genuine career development with training and mentoring initiatives
-Your birthday off as paid holiday
If you enjoy meeting people, caring for others and would like to work for a company that supports and celebrates our hard-working staff, then apply now.
Back to Current Vacancies