Care Support Worker for all schemes (This position has been filled)
We are always looking to grow our dedicated team of care support workers in our Independent Living Schemes in Sandy, Biggleswade, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, Ampthill and Leighton Buzzard.
As a care support worker, your role is to support older and vulnerable people to live happy, positive,
and independent lives in a safe and compassionate way. Duties may include:
- Preparing snacks and meals to help sustain your client throughout the day
- Tidying the house and helping with basic housekeeping tasks
- Taking your client to appointments, shopping, and other social engagements
- Companionship – listening and talking with your client, you’ll be amazed by their stories!
- Supporting their dignity – personal care, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Administering medication to help keep your client in the best state of health
No previous experience is necessary. Outside of the ability to laugh, work well in a team, have good time management, and genuine empathy towards people, you will need:
- To be eligible to work in the UK
- Have a good level of English
Full training will be provided, and you will be mentored by an experienced carer for two weeks to ensure you are confident in your role.
Please note we do not accept overseas applications or offer sponsorship opportunities.
Reasons to work for us:
- Hourly rate of £12 per hour
- Flexible pay app to get early payment from shifts worked
- Free uniform & DBS checks
- Sick pay
- Paid induction training, gain a recognised Care Certificate
- Opportunity to obtain NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care
- 25 days holiday & pension
- Double pay Christmas day/Boxing Day/New Year’s Day
- Paid update training
Because we recognise how hard you work, we also offer:
- An incredible discount scheme on High St shops, restaurants and online shopping
- A Peer-to-peer reward scheme for living our values
- Wellbeing and health support
- Genuine career development with training and mentoring initiatives
- Regular staff social events
- Your birthday off as paid holiday
- Early access to your wages at any time in month and financial advice through our app
About Care is Central
Our vision is to be the leading care provider for Central Bedfordshire. With a team of over 70 carers, working in seven independent living schemes in Ampthill, Leighton Buzzard, Houghton Regis, Sandy, Biggleswade and Dunstable, we believe in delivering the very best possible care to those that need it and the very best opportunities to our care support workers. Enabling you to develop your career and get more out of your care job than just a paycheck.
We only recruit the most passionate people, not necessarily the most qualified or experienced but the ones that care the most, that want to make a difference and want to make the world a better place for the people that they support.
We truly support and value our care teams offering a wealth of benefits, training packages, fast career progression and well-being support. We know you can’t care to the best of your ability if you are not being properly supported yourself. Find out more why you should work for us
If you enjoy meeting people, caring for others and would like to work for a company that supports and celebrates our hard-working staff, then apply now referencing which location you would prefer.
Back to Current Vacancies