Care Team Leader – Quince Court in Sandy (This position has been filled)
Are you an experienced and ambitious support worker looking for the next step up, or a dynamic Team Leader looking for a new challenge in a great care company that rewards hard work?
Care is Central is looking for a Team Leader to join our dedicated team at our Independent Living Scheme Quince Court in Sandy
We expect a lot from our Team Leaders but we pay and reward accordingly and offer lots of opportunities. Care is Central is a new company that wants to do care differently and we are looking to build a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about providing great care support and recognise that care is a career, not just a job.
The successful candidate will be supported to manage the scheme as a mini-business and have full responsibility to make it successful. They will drive the quality, care provision, and financial success through directly managing and supervising their team to enable them to maximise their potential.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- -Carrying out needs assessments for potential new residents
- -Completing Risk Assessments and producing person-centred care plans
- -Shadowing, supervising, instructing, and supporting care workers in the scheme
- -Managing all elements of recruitment to ensure sufficient high-quality staff and the maintenance of 0% agency usage.
- -Create rotas and monitor annual leave use.
- -Support with the accurate provision of your team’s payroll.
- -Cover on the floor as required with care calls to the residents.
- -Provide on call support on a rota basis across a number of Schemes
- -Implementing quality assurance processes through planned and ad hoc monitoring and spot checks
- -Supporting management as required in line with current business needs
- -Maintaining clear, accurate, appropriate, and up-to-date records using the company’s software packages
- -Lead staff development including supervision, training, and performance appraisals
- -Set the example by creating an inclusive and supportive environment for their care team where values our values of being compassionate, aspirational, respectful, and empowering are part of our working lives.
- -Promote and fulfil the company’s service aims as defined in the company’s Statement of Purpose;
- -Comply with the UKHCA Code of Practice and any other professional codes as may be applicable from time to time;
What you’ll need
You’ll need to have strong knowledge and experience of working within a care setting, with a good understanding of care regulations. You will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to form positive relationships. You will be able to prioritise conflicting demands and confidently use your initiative to problem-solve or escalate as necessary.
This position is an excellent opportunity with an ambitious company that promotes within and encourages its staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support will be provided. You will have a fantastic Senior Management Team to work alongside to grow the business and support your own career development.
Reasons to work for us:
- Hourly rate of £12.50 per hour
- Flexible pay app to get early payment from shifts worked
- Free uniform & DBS checks
- Sick pay
- Paid induction training, gain a recognised Care Certificate
- Opportunity to obtain NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care
- 25 days holiday & pension
- Double pay Christmas day/Boxing Day/New Year’s Day
- Paid update training
Because we recognise how hard you work, we also offer:
- An incredible discount scheme on High St shops, restaurants and online shopping
- A Peer-to-peer reward scheme for living our values
- Wellbeing and health support
- Genuine career development with training and mentoring initiatives
- Regular staff social events
- Your birthday off as paid holiday
About Care is Central
Our vision is to be the leading care provider for Central Bedfordshire. With a team of over 70 carers, working in seven independent living schemes in Ampthill, Sandy, Biggleswade, Leighton Buzzard, Houghton Regis and Dunstable, we believe in delivering the very best possible care to those that need it and the very best opportunities to our care support workers. Enabling you to develop your career and get more out of your care job than just a paycheck.
We only recruit the most passionate people, not necessarily the most qualified or experienced but the ones that care the most, that want to make a difference and want to make the world a better place for the people that they support.
We truly support and value our care teams offering a wealth of benefits, training packages, fast career progression and well-being support. We know you can’t care to the best of your ability if you are not being properly supported yourself. Find out more at www.careiscentral.org.uk
Back to Current Vacancies