Team Leader for Scheme in Sandy (This position has been filled)
Are you an experienced Senior Care Support Worker or Team Leader looking for a new challenge?
Care is Central is looking for a Team Leader to join a dedicated team at our independent living scheme in Sandy, overseeing the care and support of older people with a range of needs.
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated and passionate care team leader who can motivate and inspire our care team to deliver high-quality, person-centred care and support.
The successful candidate will be supported by a service manager and will be part of a wider team leader network from our services across the county, so whilst the role can be fast-paced and challenging we ensure a collaborative and fully supported approach.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out needs assessments for potential new residents
- Completing risk Assessments and producing person-centred care plans
- Shadowing, supervising, instructing, and supporting care assistants in the scheme
- Maintaining oversight of the services’ recruitment and staffing needs and playing an active part in the recruitment of new staff.
- Create rotas and monitor annual leave use.
- Support with the accurate provision of your team’s payroll.
- Providing direct care and support to clients as part of the rota as required
- Provide on call support on a rota basis covering a number of schemes
- Implementing quality assurance processes through planned and ad hoc auditing, monitoring and spot checks
- Maintaining clear, accurate, appropriate and up-to-date records using the company’s software packages
- Lead staff development including supervision, training and performance appraisals
- Set the example by creating an inclusive and supportive environment for their care team where values our values of being compassionate, aspirational, respectful, and empowering are part of our working lives.
- Promote and fulfil the company’s service aims as defined in the company’s Statement of Purpose
- Comply with the Skills for Care Code of Conduct and any other professional codes as may be applicable from time to time
What you’ll need
You’ll need to have strong knowledge and experience of working within a care setting, with a good understanding of care regulations. As such we require applicants to have a minimum of one year’s experience in a supervisory or team leader role.
You will be an excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, families, staff, professionals and other stakeholders. You will be able to prioritize conflicting demands and confidently use your initiative to problem solve or escalate as necessary.
This position is an excellent opportunity with an ambitious and visionary company that encourages its staff to reach their full potential. Continuous training and support opportunities will be provided as you work alongside our operational and senior management teams to deliver a high quality service, grow the business and support your own career development.
Reasons to work for us:
- Hourly rate of £13.50 per hour
- Flexible pay app to get early payment from shifts worked
- Free uniform & DBS checks
- Company Sick pay
- Paid induction & ongoing training
- Opportunity to obtain NVQ Level 2 & 3 in Health & Social Care
- 25 days holiday & pension
- Double pay Christmas day/Boxing Day/New Year’s Day
Because we recognise how hard you work, we also offer:
- A peer-to-peer reward scheme for living our values
- Wellbeing and health support
- Genuine career development with training and mentoring initiatives
- Regular staff social events
- Your birthday off as paid holiday
About Care is Central
Our vision is to be the leading care provider for Central Bedfordshire. With a team of over 70 carers, working in seven independent living schemes in Ampthill, Sandy, Biggleswade, Leighton Buzzard, Houghton Regis and Dunstable, we believe in delivering the very best possible care to those that need it and the very best opportunities to our care support workers. Enabling you to develop your career and get more out of your care job than just a paycheck.
We truly support and value our care teams offering a wealth of benefits, training packages, fast career progression and well-being support. We know you can’t care to the best of your ability if you are not being properly supported yourself. Find out more at www.careiscentral.org.uk
Back to Current Vacancies